[geeks] UPS batteries

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 7 17:38:17 CDT 2006

Sat, 07 Oct 2006 @ 13:22 -0400, James Fogg said:

> > Does anyone think that maintaining this old T2000 is a bad idea?
>

> I think it's an excellent idea.

I think so too, but having not owned a UPS for a long time before, I
thought I'd ask.

I spent some time checking out new units with the same features as the
T2000, and they are out of my budget.  I didn't realize how expensive a
unit like this was.

So, a new one is out of the question anyway.

Plus, a lot of the stuff in local stores is pseudo-sine wave backup
units, not true UPS, and their efficiency is a lot lower.  More
like 80% instead of 96%.

I've not done the math, but I imagine the better units pay for
themselves in power savings after awhile.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.