[geeks] UPS batteries

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Oct 7 11:59:15 CDT 2006

I need to replace 8 batteries in my Compaq T2000 UPS.

I thought about just getting a new UPS, but this unit is a full
sine-wave UPS with 96% efficiency, and works pretty well.

Does anyone have a favorite online battery story?

ReburbUPS.com has a kit for this UPS for $126 including shipping, which
is cheaper than a new 1500VA UPS from Best Buy.

Does anyone think that maintaining this old T2000 is a bad idea?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]