[geeks] provisional patent application

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Oct 3 09:41:47 CDT 2006

Mon, 02 Oct 2006 @ 19:22 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 01:27:04AM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > It's not as simple as N versus M units in market A and B.
>
> What, you don't pay 17% VAT, 63% marginal income tax, 30%-150% "luxury
> tax" on almost everything?

Not directly, no.

The real truth is that in the US, you pay something like 70% tax on
everything, it is just mostly hidden, while in other countries you have
this more up-front list.

One of the big reasons is that corporations don't really pay taxes, at
least not all of them. They pass as much as they possibly can on to the
market. Normally the market would correct for that, but we can't seem to
leave it alone enough to let it do that.

That's why I'm against higher taxes for wealthy people and corporations:
they don't pay for it, I do.

Of course, I'm sure the same thing happens over there.  Have you ever
found an analysis for Israel, UK, or Europe that shows real taxes after
calculating for inflationary side effects?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["That which is overdesigned, too highly
specific, anticipates outcome; the anticipation of outcome garantees, if