[geeks] syslog not logging user logins

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Mon Oct 2 13:48:18 CDT 2006

I've got a Solaris 9 box that refuses to log ssh logins, despite the
fact that auth.notice    /var/adm/messages is in syslog.conf.

I checked sshd_config, confirmed that auth.notice is the logging
facility, I've copied the syslog.conf file from a system where it is working, all to no avail.

sudo commands get logged to there:

Oct  2 14:38:06 wdchqdwwwd02 sudo: [ID 702911 auth.notice]    (user) :
TTY=pts/3 ; PWD=/export/home/(user) ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/bash

but no ssh logins.

Ideas?

Jeff

--
It's not working because:  bugs in the RAID