[geeks] Looking for the original Zork (dungeon) and Adventure

M Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Sun Oct 1 08:37:11 CDT 2006

>On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 11:07:19PM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> > Does anyone know where to find the ORIGINAL Zork (preferably in C
> > Fortran or PL/I) and Adventure games. DOS/Linux/MacOS executeables
> > are ok.
>
>Everything you ever wanted to see/read/hear/download about the original
>ADVENT:
>
>http://www.rickadams.org/adventure/
>
>Even has the original PDP-10 Fortran source.
>
>Bill

Which I compiled and have running on a real PDP-10...

.run advent

Initializing...
Table space used:
   9612 OF   9650 words of messages
    742 OF    750 travel options
    296 OF    300 vocabulary words
    140 OF    150 locations
   53 OF    100 objects
   31 OF   35 action verbs
    201 OF    205 RTEXT messages
   10 OF   12 CLASS messages
     9 OF   20 hints
   32 OF   35 MAGIC messages

PAUSE
INIT Done
Type G to Continue, X to Exit, T To Trace.
*g

WELCOME TO ADVENTURE!!  WOULD YOU LIKE INSTRUCTIONS?

YOU ARE STANDING AT THE END OF A ROAD BEFORE A SMALL BRICK BUILDING.
AROUND YOU IS A FOREST.  A SMALL STREAM FLOWS OUT OF THE BUILDING AND
DOWN A GULLY.

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson at IDS.net