[geeks] Princeton Surplus Haul...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Nov 16 13:33:33 CST 2006

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:09:17PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> In fact, I have a nubus ethernet card right now that I thought of
> selling.  Not sure the brand right now.

Because those cards were rare and expensive. I've only seen two in my
life, one I bought for an SE/30 which cost almost as much as the machine,
and an old Nubus one that I got in a IIcx that someone gave me a few
years ago. The machine was worthless because some idiot removed the RAM
to use in a PC and took the ROM too.

> Each of my IIci's has them.

You are very lucky.

> I had both my IIci's printing to my Linux machine's CUPS server without
> issues.

How did you do it? I've done it with Netatalk on Linux and CAPS before that.

> I know I don't need it... but I'm thinking of picking up an Apple IIe
> Platinum with 1MB of RAM and a monitor.

Sounds good to me. I have not been able to get one here. :-(

> I used to drool over machines like that in the 80s when I could barely
> afford to get a disk drive for my old Atari.

I had a Franklin. :-)

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838