[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Nov 11 10:22:49 CST 2006

Wed, 08 Nov 2006 @ 06:18 -0600, Lionel Peterson said:

> I agree with everything you wrote, but I argue that your statements
> reinforce my assertion that the choice is there. Is it an easy choice,
> in many cases no - but that doesn't mena the choice isn't there, just
> that outside factors weigh heavily on any decision.

My view is that a choice is disqualified if it is pragmatically invalid.

Sometimes you just have to be patient.

> For certain, an employers preference of computing platform is not on
> the radar of most employees - personally I don't consider it important
> enough to either turn down a job offer or to leave a current job. I've
> worked in Mainframe (MVS), Unix (HP & AT&T), and Windows environments,
> and each had it's pros and cons (for me).

I've rarely had much choice in what I did.

One of the great ironies of technical employment is how unwilling
companies are to train people, or recognize that they can learn a new
job. It's ironic because I cannot recall any job I've ever had that
didn't require me to learn something I didn't know before.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We have nothing to prove" -- Alan Dawkins]