[geeks] can't wait for Vista

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 08:43:16 CST 2006

On 11/7/06, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 05:28:24PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > The local ARRL people are definitely unhappy with BPL, but none of them
> > give the doomsday reports that you do.
>
> >From everything I've seen (ARRL, reports in QST, etc), the ARRL regards
> this as "this can cause problems, but we're working with the BPL
> providers on it."

>From the announcements made at the Dayton Hamfest, I have to agree.
To be honest, after Geoff's gloom and doom, I figured they would be
politicking hard about it, but I never saw anything along those lines.

Admittedly as a non-ham attendee, I didn't have the insight into the
"behind the scenes" aspects, but I would have at least expected
grumbling in the hallways as you see happening in other conventions
when issues arise (e.g. SF fandom, gaming cons, Anime Cons, etc).
But, I heard nothing of the sort.

=Nadine=