[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Thu Mar 30 20:42:07 CST 2006

Mike Meredith wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:35:44 -0600, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>
>>One problem is that you're talking about soft numbers that are easily
>>fudged.  Not cooking the books by the bean counters but ... people
>>lie.
>

> You don't say! Perhaps the people who come up with the crime statistics
> may also have thought of this problem ?

My point was only that the numbers (crime statistics in this case) are
not as hard as they are for spam emails.

<read, snipped>

> Recorded crime stats are probably relatively accurate.

Probably.  Relatively.  I think we're in agreement here ...

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks