[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Mar 30 18:36:17 CST 2006

Thu, 30 Mar 2006 @ 15:41 -0500, Nick B. said:

> Are you possibly implying that the major news organization might not be
> entirely unbiased and honest about firearms? I'm Shocked that you'd even
> contemplate the possiblity of Good Honest Reporters embellishing a news
> report!

A local cop told me about a time when he arrested a gang member who was buying
drugs from a mobster.

He interviewed a reporter and her crew because they had witnessed the crime
along with some other people.

A few days later she did a story supporting a suggestion that the area no
longer had a drug, gang, or organized crime problem.

Unfortunately, a lot of reporters and editors just don't give a damn at all.

Even if you have a good reporter, an editor can still spin their story before
it gets printed.

I've seen selective quoting that was just plain evil.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["We are all of us in the gutter, some of us
looking at the stars." -- Oscar Wilde]