[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Mar 30 17:59:39 CST 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Also, crime is irrelevant anyway.
>
> In the US we are not armed primarily to deter crime, but to resist our own
> government if we have to, and foreign governments should they decide to drop
> by with hostile intent.

In the words of Suzanne Gratia Hupp, addressing Congress (and
particularly directing her comments to one Charles Schumer, D-NY):

"The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselfes against
criminals.  It's about all of *US* protecting ourselves from all of *YOU*."

Also, we know our government is stupid enough to antagonize foreign
governments into "dropping by", usually by proxy, because the prospects
of doing so in person are so poor.

"You cannot invade the American mainland.  There would be a rifle behind
every blade of grass." -- Rear Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, Imperial
Japanese Navy