[geeks] Macitude

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:09:44 CST 2006

On 3/30/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Thu, 30 Mar 2006 @ 08:43 -0500, William Enestvedt said:
>
> Yep. I actually sold a cache card two years ago for $25 because someone
still
> used their II series and needed it bad.

I saw them go for $7-12+ shipping on LEM, depending on the recentness
of other sales.

A lot of folks are still using their NuBus and PCI Macs for music TDM
farms because they *think* the performance of newer Macs sucks.  What
they fail to realize is that it's only the I/O sub-system, because
they don't understand the difference between SCSI and IDE/IDE+IEEE
1394.  It's funny how people don't bother to understand the pieces of
their systems so that they also understand the consequences of
upgrading things.

There are a few audio and video cards for effects processing that
folks just refuse to switch off of, claiming that the equivalent
software effects versions are not the same.  I managed to sell one of
those cards in 2003 for over $600.  I have a few in storage that would
probably sell in the $200-300 range or possibly more if I could find
the right specialized marketplace (e.g. not eBay).

=Nadine=