[geeks] Opinions on the HP C3x00?

Wed Mar 29 11:48:13 CST 2006

>> I mean the machines whose keyboards and mice with an 8-pin DIN
>> connector that typically talk 1200bps or 4800bps serial back to the
>> host.
> I would call that "the old proprietary keryboards" or "Type 4 / 5
> keryboards".

What's proprietary about them?  As far as I know all the interfaces
(mechanical, electrical, protocol) are publicly documented.  If you
mean the *implementation* is not documented, well, then, practically
all keyboards are prorprietary.

Also, I think the type-6 fits that description as well.  If you admit a
passive connector adapter, so do the type-3 and type-2 (I know this
because I've made the adapters and used type-3 keyboards on machines
designed for the miniDIN-8 keyboard/mouse interface - in my opinion the
type-3 is the one really usable keyboard Sun ever made).

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca