[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Mar 28 22:54:22 CST 2006

Tue, 28 Mar 2006 @ 14:46 -0500, der Mouse said:

> >> What I do know though, is, that if I stay away from places with lots
> >> of guns, I won't need one....
> > Yeah... at least until the criminal element discovers your little
> > unarmed paradise.
>
> "The criminal element" doesn't seem to have "discovered", in that
> sense, most of the other countries with reasonably strict gun control.

You mean like Europe?

I've talked to cops from over there, and they tell quite a different story
than the published "information".

> This despite their names, locations, and low gun densities all being
> totally public information.

The information from Hand-Gun-Control, Inc in the USA is totally public
too.

It just happens to also be totally wrong.

As I mentioned above, the cops from Europe tell a different story than most
anti-gun people do.

> I can only conclude that the situation isn't as simple as you paint it.

Since I didn't paint it as anything simple, I don't know what you mean.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The grieving lords take ship.  With these
our very souls pass overseas." -- Exile]