[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Mar 27 06:42:24 CST 2006

Chris Petrov wrote:

> at no point did I say "ban handguns" I'm simply questioning the
> rationale behind taking it to work with you and everywhere else you
> go and to what end? particularly given the escalating rate of
> depression in disaffected youth.

The rationale?  Be Prepared.  No, not to deal death and mayhem at the
drop of a hat but just .. be prepared.

I carry kit in my car to change out a spare tire.  I don't need to -
I've got AAA and they'll come do that as part of the service.  But I
have it in the event they can't be there or I'm way the hell out in the
middle of nowhere.

Be prepared.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks