[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Sun Mar 26 22:12:51 CST 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Exactly what do people think happens to nations whose people are either
> unwilling or unable to defend themselves?

Easy.  You hire out the work of defense.  What happens after that is
messy but of no concern since you're no longer a citizen.

Being a citizen is tough - you're expected to have rights and
responsibilities.  Being a subject .. well you no longer have rights but
in some respects it's easier to swallow bile and bend your knee to
sovreign.  Your betters do the thinking for you.

Merde.  I need to stop listening to celtic-rock at night.  It's good but
you get moody.

Here I stand with my own kin
At the end of everything
Finaly the dream has gone
I've nothing left to hang upon

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks