[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sun Mar 26 17:25:28 CST 2006

" From: Phil Stracchino <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net>
"
" Brian Dunbar wrote:
" > The signs on stores saying 'no carry on the premises' confound me - the
" > kind of people who _can_ carry are the people you _want_ as customers.
" >
" > They're sober, not felons, they have enough cash to at least go through
" > the CCW course which ain't cheap ...
"
" Unfortunately, it's the guns themselves these people are really afraid
" of, not the people carrying them.  I can't speak to the stupidity that
" it takes to think an armed criminal won't rob a store with a "NO GUNS
" ALLOWED" sign in the window.

maybe the store owners feel a shootout on the premises would be worse
than a simple holdup.