[geeks] What desk toy or "tchotchke" says "geek" to you?

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Sat Mar 25 11:36:48 CST 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 10:51:23PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> O Mighty List, answer my query ...
>
> I was trying to think of "things that indicate a geek" - stuff like the
> scene in Office Space where Michael Bolton smashes the printer, taped
> nerdy RPG style glasses, that kind of stuff... but couldn't figure out
> this:
>
> What item that you might put on your desk means "this cubicle slave must
> be a geek" to you?

Woah!  You are in a cubicle now?  Bummer.

> A Star Wars stormtrooper bobble head?  Key chain made out of an old RAM
> stick?  What?

The ram stick is sinful unless it was already dead.  Anything star wars
is too overdone by wanna-bes.

> (Please, nothing elaborate like "portrait of Einstein sticking his
> tongue out - in Lego bricks" or something like that.)

To bad since that would certainly do it.

I suppose you could always print out ascii art.  Or hang a bumpersticker
on the entrance that says "My other CAR is a CDR".

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/