[geeks] AOpen makes SPARC notebooks?

Gary Goddard gaz.god at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 16:06:20 CST 2006

Michael Parson wrote:

>There are a couple of 2.5" IDE->SCSI adapters out there, the
>better of which support up to 30 gig disks.

I've got a 40 gig running on my 3GX with no problems, using one of the
newer interfaces. The older ones support up to 8 gig if my memory is
correct. The biggest limiter on a sparcbook 3 to me is memory, though i
recently bought a dead 3000XT (not serious i think but haven't got round
to opening it) which had the special 64Mb simms giving my gx a much
needed 128 :-)