[geeks] laptop as monitor for headless server

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Mar 7 15:45:27 CST 2006

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Wolfgang Engelien wrote:

> Subject: [geeks] laptop as monitor for headless server
>
> has anybody tried something like this or has a better solution.

USB-to-serial converter plugged into the console port of the server.

> I want to use a laptop as a monitor for some monitor-less servers. I
> am thinking of using a VGA-to-TV converter together with a USB TV
> tuner.
>
> Any thoughts?

It's going to look really, really bad.  You might be able to squint out
80x25 lines of text, but it's still going to be very ugly.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "Pain and misery always hit the spot,
Elgin, TX           (     knowing you can't lose what you haven't got."