[geeks] Ultra-Portable UNIX

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Mar 6 11:08:26 CST 2006

Sun, 05 Mar 2006 @ 22:09 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:

> On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 11:39:12AM -0800, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> > We'd sit up on the deck with the dish on an old TV camers tripod, futzing
> > with the antenna, a laptop, etc.  We must have been the very picture of
> > geekitude.
>
> Good thing you did not. Using a dish on a WiFi connection is illegal. The
> guy that built the pringle's can antenna got away with it because he
> did it as an FBI agent.

That's interesting, because I'm doing work for a company that has WiFi
dishes they bought commercially.

It's how they do long-range wireless connections between buildings
downtown.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]