[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 06:18:00 CST 2006

On 3/5/06, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Another huge problem (sometimes) is the amount of work done in an office
suite
> that really should have been done by some other software or personnel.
>
> People use office suites to do tons of things manually that used to be part
of
> a company's services, both computer and secretarial.

People seem to have forgotten how to do things like mail merge and such--
now they want to turn everything into a web application, or since "everyone"
knows $wordprocessor and $spreadsheet, the expensive engineers, project
managers, and managers/directors are doing jobs that should be done by
administrative assistants.  I can't believe that's an efficient use of
salary.

=Nadine=