[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...`

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Mar 2 16:29:07 CST 2006

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, velociraptor wrote:
> What would be an interesting non-profit foundation would be to build
> a datacenter housing all the various architectures, with a good near-line
> storage system, whereby OSS projects could schedule time on boxes
> that they didn't normally have access to.
[snip]
> Heh.  Sounds like your typical rescuer's dream job.

That's actually my plan if I ever hit the lottery.  I'm leaning more
towards a missile silo than a warehouse.  I could make money on the side
doing offsite recovery and storage.  How many competitors can offer
nuke-rated shelters?

-DanD

# The more noise a motor or a man makes the less power is available.
#      	  -W. R. McGeary