[geeks] Intel Duo Mac Mini

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Mar 1 10:26:46 CST 2006

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 11:12:01AM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Joshua Boyd wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:14:09PM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >> I just noticed that Apple announced their Intel Duo Mac Mini - it's listed on the apple store web page now.
> >>
> >> $599 for 1.5 GHz Intel Duo system, all other specs same as PowerPC
> >> platform, including case.
> >
> > Wrong.  It is $599 for a 1.5ghz Solo system.  The Duo is $799.
>
> How much smaller are these than Shuttle XPC's?

Well, the shuttle XPCs seems to be a foot deep, 8" wide, and 8" tall
(guestimating while looking at one).

The Mini seems to be 6" wide, 6"deep, and 2"tall.  So I'd say you could
maybe fit 10 Minis into the space of a shuttle, ignoring the space that
plugging in that many power and ethernet cables would take.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/