[geeks] And The Linux Weenies Wonder Why They Aren't Mainstream...

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Mar 1 09:32:59 CST 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:17:11PM -0600, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 wrote:
>
> > It can in fact open almost all the Office documents I have received in
> > the course of my consulting business, from multiple clients,
>
> I guess I'm just lucky. I've gotten two or three documents in the last 4
> years that opened properly in StarOffice/OpenOffice.  The rest that I
> tried to open (probably 20 or 30) were either so poorly mis-re-formatted
> that they were useless or crashed StarOffice/OpenOffice.

I've never had a document crash OpenOffice.  Most MS Office
(specifically Word and Excel) documents  that I open end up being
misformated in some way though.  So far it has never been unusably
misformated.  Misformatting is also a problem in Pages.  I don't know
which of us is having the atypical experience though.