[geeks] OS for an Ultra 2

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Tue Jun 27 15:52:09 CDT 2006

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 05:01:39PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> The alternative is to keep using NetBSD, moving up to version 3.  The
> caveat is that its SMP support is not as good, though perhaps it is good
> enough.  I gather mostly it is just not as fine-grained, but should be
> reliable now.

Unless I missed a recent announcement, to say that NetBSD's SMP
supported isn't as good is kinda like saying that a SS1 is only a little
bit slower.

I think we are all eager for the day that we could  say that
NetBSD's SMP support is not as good with a straight face.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/