[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jun 22 21:49:46 CDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 22, 2006 at 10:32:27PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> Absolutely NONE of my customers have bought less than a 2GB RAM system
> for web hosting/colocation in the past year.
> One bought a 16GB RAM dual-Opteron system, another, an 8GB RAM system.

The current ohno.mrbill.net has 4G RAM.  The new machine that's waiting to
be installed has 8G.  It's nice not having to worry about memory. 8-)

(I run with about 2.5G free at any given time..; that's with a lot of apache,
spamassassin, procmail, mysql, etc running)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas