[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

Thu Jun 22 19:07:50 CDT 2006

>>> I have a DUAL PIII 1 GHz system with some ludicrusly tiny amount of
>>> RDRAM installed (128 Meg?).
>> Seriously, if you think 128 megs is tiny you must run mega-bloatware.
> If you say that about 128megs, I shudder to think what you would say
> about my current application absolutely requiring 2 gigs.

Well, that's true.  I did read that "ludicrusly[sic] tiny" as
"ludicrously tiny for general-purpose use", not "ludicrously tiny for
some specific purpose which demands otherwise-insane amounts of RAM".

Nothing wrong with eating tons of RAM when there's actually a *reason*
for it.  I was talking more about things like Gnome or Windows.

					der Mouse