[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

Thu Jun 22 18:50:03 CDT 2006

> I have a DUAL PIII 1 GHz system with some ludicrusly tiny amount of
> RDRAM installed (128 Meg?).

If you think 128 megs is a "ludicrously tiny" amount of RAM, well, I'll
cheerfully take it off your hands. :-)

Seriously, if you think 128 megs is tiny you must run mega-bloatware.
I have a laptop that until recently had 16 megs, and provided I didn't
start the live-backup stuff it was perfectly usable.  (It now has 40
megs, and that turns out to be plenty.  With a smaller disk I probably
could have run the live-backup stuff, even.)

Usable for me, that is.  But then, I don't run bloatware.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca