[geeks] Question for Mr. Bill...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Jun 21 19:15:36 CDT 2006

Bill,

Did you ever follow through with your silent enclosure hack?

I think the last you said about it, you were considering a storage box
as a basis, and I was just curious if you really did it, and if it
worked.  Sorry if I missed any post about it.

I'm now considering the same thing.

I am going to try some ideas for quieting my servers, and that includes
quieter drive replacements (if possible), and trying to buffer the
noise.

A friend of mine said he cut the noise a lot with a simple wall with
sound absorbing equipment.  He has a desk in his computer room, and he
said it cut his server noise around the desk by at least half.

The problem is, he never got around to telling me what material he used
on the wall, and I've lost track of him.

Anyone else try just using a barrier instead of an enclosure?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]