[geeks] News Datacom PVR offload software?

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Jun 18 07:30:43 CDT 2006

Hi.

Does anyone know of software to offload programs from a News DataCom
(NDS) satellite PVR? It's sold here in Israel as "YES", in the U.K. from
Sky, and by one of the networks in the U.S.

It has a USB port and when I had it installed, I was told that software
was "coming soon" to allow you to copy recorded programs to a computer.

I'm NOT asking about "hacking" the box to get programs I don't pay for,
I'm asking how to get programs I that I legally recorded off in digital form
so that I don't have to copy them in real time. i.e. playing them into
a TV card.

Thanks,

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838