[geeks] value of PIII PC servers

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jun 16 11:11:37 CDT 2006

Fri, 16 Jun 2006 @ 10:34 -0400, Nadine said:

> If you click on 'Advanced Search' immediately to the right of the
> search entry box just above the listings (i.e. the middle of the
> page), you get a page that only gives you two text entry fields, and
> some dropdowns:

I assume you meant from the main page.

> http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/AdvSearch?sofindtype=13

I get the full advanced search here, or at least the only page I've ever
known as that.

> On that page, under the drop downs, there is another link "Advanced
> Search", which, like the one at the top of the main page, leads to the
> "full" advanced search:

We appear to be seeing two different ebay sites.

What browser are you using?

Let me show you some screenshots of what I see, so you can tell if I'm
understanding what you mean, and so you can see what I see.

MAIN PAGE:      http://users.757.org/~csh/screenshots/ebay_main.png
CLICK AVANCED:  http://users.757.org/~csh/screenshots/ebay_advanced.png
ADVANCED AGAIN: http://users.757.org/~csh/screenshots/ebay_advancedagain.png

In the first shot, the URL has args after "sofindtype=13" because it was
the second time I jumped to that page.  The first time it looks just
like the URL you gave above.

I circled the links I clicked the first two times.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]