[geeks] E4000 for Sale

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jun 11 05:21:00 CDT 2006

I have a very nice Sun E4000 that I think I need to sell.  It is thusly
configured:

    10 336MHz UltraSPARC-II processors w/ 4MB cache each
    10 1GB memory kits
    2  "SBUS+" I/O boards (I/O Type 4) w/ onboard SOC+
    2  Additional SOC+ FC cards
    1  CD-ROM Drive.

I bought it to consolidate all my other boxes, but I think I'm going to
try to aim for something smaller.

I'd like to sell this machine whole, but, if necessary, I'll part it
out.  I do have some spare parts, too:

   1  "SBUS+" I/O board
   2  SBUS I/O boards

I really hate to part with this box, both because it cost me a fair bit
of coin to build up and because it meets a fairly big definition of
"fast enough", but it's pretty clear that consolidating my handful of
Netras into this box won't be much of a net gain.

Reasonable offers considered.  Local pickup preferred, but I will ship
if reimbursed for packing and shipping[0].  If it makes the deal, I will
personally deliver the entire system to Austin, Houston, Dallas, or San
Antonio on the weekend for a small amount of bribing.

[0] It weighs about 150lbs.  I can pick it up and huff it about, but
     it's not a fun carry.
--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "The telephone is an antiquity...it is an
Elgin, TX          (   outmoded device which constantly disrupts