[geeks] No more anon FTP for Sun patches after August 2006

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Jun 10 09:30:48 CDT 2006

Fri, 09 Jun 2006 @ 09:12 -0500, Kris Kirby said:

> On Tue, 6 Jun 2006, William Enestvedt wrote:
> >    Am I the only one who didn't know this date?
>
> I didn't notice it either.
>
> > Title:	 Access to the anonymous FTP server to download patches will
> > cease from August 2006
>
> I smell a Cisco-izing. Why would we buy new boxes when we can use old
> ones, etc.? Cisco's CCO system is one of the reasons why I stay as far
> away from them as I can practically do so.

On that note, read the section here:

http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/desktop_refresh?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=anavml

It's a section on Dell's website called "Why Refresh Your Desktops?"

The brief version from Dell is that if you don't upgrade your desktops,
your maintenance costs, security problems, and the fact you can't run
the latest Microsoft software will cause you ruin and failure.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in