[geeks] FS: unused Supermicro 1U server case

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 6 16:26:34 CDT 2006

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: Tue Jun 06 14:47:19 CDT 2006
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] FS: unused Supermicro 1U server case

>On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 01:07:43PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> I thought about transplanting my Sun UltraSPARC ATX MB to it, but I can't recall if it is 1U capable or if 2U is as small as you can go - I'm talking about the MB with the 300 MHz UltraSPARC chip w/256K cache...
>
>2U AFAIK due to the heatsink.

I think it will do 1U, as the fan is made to push air through the CPU from the sides... I forgot the name of the MB, or I'd check the Sun OEM web pages to be sure...

I still have the accessories that came with the MB, and it includes a PCI riser which I am pretty sure is 1U, but my memory is fading...

Lionel