[geeks] FS: unused Supermicro 1U server case

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 6 13:07:43 CDT 2006

Hello all,

I've got an unused Supermicro 1U case (in black - see: http://supermicro.com/products/chassis/1U/512/SC512L.cfm ) that I can't use - the MB I planned on using is too tall for the case.

I also bought the appropriate Supermicro "passive" heatsink for an LGA775 socket CPU, that I also don't need.

The server case (w/200 watt ATX power supply) and room for 2 3 1/2" drives internal sells new for around $100, and the passive heatsink for a 775 CPU sells for about $25 - I'd like to sell both for $75 Shipped anywhere Continental US via FedEx Ground.

Please contact me off-list if interested - it's a great little case, I just have no use for it... It will take a full-size ATX MB.

I thought about transplanting my Sun UltraSPARC ATX MB to it, but I can't recall if it is 1U capable or if 2U is as small as you can go - I'm talking about the MB with the 300 MHz UltraSPARC chip w/256K cache...

Lionel