[geeks] MacOS indexing

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Jun 4 12:40:17 CDT 2006

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Does anyone know how to turn off the periodic disk indexing on MacOS
> 9.x?  I can't for the life of me figure out where to disable it.

Never mind, found it.  I was looking for an applicable control panel or
extension, but it turns out you disable it by opening up the Sherlock
application and turning off indexing there.  I personally find it
counterintuitive to have to open a separate application to turn off
something that happens when the application isn't even (to my knowledge)
running.