[geeks] Vista on a test PC

Chad McAuley chizad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 13:32:41 CDT 2006

On 7/31/06, Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Anyway, I've gone and downloaded/installed Office 2007 Beta, along with
> Project, One Note and Visio and so far it really isn't that bad
> (stability/usability-wise)...
>
> Lionel

I've been running Office 2007 Beta 2 on my work
laptop since shortly after it was
released, and haven't noticed any stability issues.  Usability is another
story, but that's largely just from trying to figure out where things are in
the new UI.  Now that I'm somewhat used to the new UI I really like it,
although I still suffer from a lot of "Okay, where the hell do I go to
access this feature?"  Of course, outside of Outlook (for work
email) and the odd Excel spreadsheet or Word doc I don't use the
Office apps a whole lot, so I usually have that problem with any version.

The only issue I've noticed performance wise is that Outlook seems slower to
start up compared to 2003, but since debugging is on in this build that
makes perfect sense.