[geeks] Interesting ATI/AMD news

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Jul 30 01:45:01 CDT 2006

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

>> Motorola did the same thing with the PowerPC G4 of that speed.
>
> You would think that but the names of their chips where all derived
> from Hebrew (i.e. biblical names from the KJV). It's as they say
> evidence, not proof.

I'm reasonably sure that was the case even before VIA bought the company
that designs those processors (and I'm also reasonably certain that VIA
doesn't pick the codenames for those chips), but I could confirm that
one way or the other on Monday.

> Next hurricane, in the U.S. you will probably not have and medium or
> long range communications down south as the buzz-buzz-buzz of Google
> funded BPL will wipe it out......

If it's that big a deal, FEMA will switch it off, just like they
switched off the police communications during the Katrina "laboratory"
last year.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"