[geeks] Interesting ATI/AMD news

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sun Jul 30 01:33:03 CDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 01:05:50AM -0500, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Motorola did the same thing with the PowerPC G4 of that speed.

You would think that but the names of their chips where all derived from
Hebrew (i.e. biblical names from the KJV). It's as they say evidence,
not proof.

> In all actuality, though, it was probably a series of interference
> bursts from BPL causing that bit to flip in all the master electronic
> copies of the marketing documentation (ie: Google's fault).

That's going to be a big deal in the future. While I still have internet,
Hizbolahstan no longer has any internal communication network. Good thing
as they were using it to target rockets.  Why invest in radios and radio
operators when cell phones would do?

Next hurricane, in the U.S. you will probably not have and medium or
long range communications down south as the buzz-buzz-buzz of Google
funded BPL will wipe it out......

> [0] Uninteresting side note: I've owned both a 667MHz PowerBook G4 and a
>      1.67GHz PowerBook G4, so those silly fundies have oversold me 11MHz
>      over the years.  Does that mean I get to withdraw from the
>      collection plate the next time I attend church, rather than donate?

Only if it Hertz......................

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838