[geeks] Electric bike?

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 20:21:16 CDT 2006

On 7/21/06, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> wrote:
> " From: "Francois Dion" <francois.dion at gmail.com>
> "
> " Anybody built their own electric bike or has one?
> "
> " I'm working on my 3rd bike. I'm trying to make a lightweight unit this
> " []
> " But that's not what I want either. Any toughts?
>
> i rediscovered the co i was thinking of: http://staton-inc.com/ in ok
> city.  you'll want to see
> http://staton-inc.com/Chain-Drive-Staton-Inc.asp?ContentID=5 and then
> http://staton-inc.com/Results1.asp?Category=21&offset=30

Well, I just scored a Shimano front freewheel crankset (complete) and
I am awaiting its arrival. If I dont get anywhere with that, I'll
probably give them a call.

Funny thing is that all my road bikes have a french or italian bottom
bracket, and I'm 100% sure the shimano FF is british. Ah, but wait,
there's that cheap steel bike with that cottered crank... I wonder if
it is a british bottom bracket? Gotta find out. Where is my toolbox...

Francois