[geeks] See, I told you it was a bad lightning storm...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 25 13:00:04 CDT 2006

Mon, 24 Jul 2006 @ 20:35 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> Link to story about two kids struck and killed while walking off a soccer field after seeing lightning strike "near" the field. The two that ran are fine...
>
> http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/7765.html
>
> That's not too far from my house (but not too close either...)

Sounds like an article I read earlier this year where some soccer
players were hurt when lightning struck the stadium.  It traveled down
the hand rails on the steps, and hit the field.

Since the field was soaked with water, it electrocuted about a dozen
players, and some of them were seriously injured by it.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["The determined programmer can write a
FORTRAN program in any language." ]