[geeks] RHCE advice

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 25 11:48:23 CDT 2006

On Tue, 25 Jul 2006, Michael Parson wrote:

>>   4) Insert JPEG images into .doc file using TextEdit.app or WordPad
>>      or OpenOffice.
>
> I like this idea.  Now if I just had some nice command-line utils to do
> that last step.

I'd like that, too.  That way, I could just include the whole process as
the final step in the Makefile that produces the document in other file
formats.  Unfortunately, the tools and librarites for creating and
manipulating OLE documents on Unix are pretty immature.

--
Jonathan Patschke    )   "A man who never dreams goes slowly mad."
Elgin, TX           (      --Thomas Dolby, "Valley of the Mind's Eye"