[geeks] RHCE advice

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 24 20:45:02 CDT 2006

>From: Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net>
>Date: 2006/07/24 Mon PM 02:56:10 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] RHCE advice

>On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> Take the five-day refresher-course-plus-test.
>
>I'm on my own time and my own dime for this.
>
>> I thougt I knew Linux (in
>> specific, RedHat) back and forth, but I had a TON of fun and learned a lot
>> of things in the refresher class (this was November '04, for RHEL3).  I've
>> heard that for RHEL4, they added a *lot* of SELinux stuff in.
>
>So far for me, SELinux has caused nothing but grief.

For me, it was just so much voodoo to get a plain Fedora 3 (IIRC) install to display a user web page (~/public_html) that I quickly lost interest... I firmly believe if you take the time to learn the principles behind SELinux, it makes perfect sense - but finding an reasonable explaination was a bit of a challenge... (at least for me it was a year ago)

Lionel