[geeks] Lightning question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 23 11:02:59 CDT 2006

>From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
>Date: 2006/07/23 Sun AM 10:56:27 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Lightning question

>On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 10:39:57AM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Quick question:
>
>Quick answer:
>
>Yes. The lightening destroyed the port. If that was all it destroyed you
>were extremely lucky.

Looks like my Dell 1600n laser printer all-in-one got hit too. The printer actually sits in front of a back window, facing the tree - giving the EMF a clear shot to the short (18") Cat5E cable/back of the printer. The network port on the printer seems dead as well. Luckilly, eBay came through, and I just now ordered a $15 replacement Ethernet board for the back of the printer - if that's all that is gone, I will be happy.

Thanks,

Lionel