[geeks] Moneydance questions...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jul 17 10:19:27 CDT 2006

Sun, 16 Jul 2006 @ 09:17 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> Mike Hebel wrote:
> > I don't like the way Intuit acts and GnuCASH is a pain to install so I'm
> > thinking about trying Moneydance but it's $30 currently if I want to try
> > and import my OFX file.
>
> I've been interested in Gnucash for a while myself, but my god, its
> dependency tree is ghastly.  As far as I can tell, it absolutely
> REQUIRES a full and current Gnome2 installation.

I found that pre 2.x version of gnucash were very difficult to use.

All the blurbs about it talked about how easy it was, but I found it
cumbersone, the interface a mess, and simple things were really
complicated compared to other packages.  It also seemed pretty fragile,
and pretty easy to bork up to the point where you had to start over.

Is 2.x better?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.