[geeks] Solaris 10 install size

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jul 14 14:07:55 CDT 2006

Fri, 14 Jul 2006 @ 12:18 -0500, Bill Bradford said:

> On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 12:21:41PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> > yeah.  what he said.  i'd be -lost- without sunhelp.
>
> Thanks! 8-)
>
> *cough* http://wishlist.mrbill.net *cough*  *grin*

You'll have to wait for your birthday... :)

BTW... I spent more time looking through Blastwave, and I like that one.
They sell DVDs of sparc and x86 software, 2-3 thousand packages, all in
Sun's package format.  I wish I'd looked at it sooner, it could have
saved me a lot of time on a Solaris install a few months back.

I haven't looked deep enough yet to see if they cover the information I
was talking about with regard to building and maintaining packages, so I
don't know if that site serves that purpose or not.  I spent most of the
time looking through the packages to see what all was there, and read
through some of the related information a bit.

Aside:

It would be nice if this list along with rescue and the others could
contribute some more articles to Sunhelp.  There is a lot of talent on
the rescue, geeks, and sun mailing lists, more than enough to
collaborate on some good articles.

That's yet another way to contribute and help Bill out.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]