[geeks] Solaris 10 install size

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Jul 14 00:00:08 CDT 2006

Thu, 13 Jul 2006 @ 17:49 -0400, Joshua Boyd said:

> > He's on the OpenSolaris pilot team, but I dont think Schily works for Sun.
> >
> > (http://cdrecord.berlios.de/old/private/cdrecord.html)
>
> It looks like the license code silliness has been removed.  He still
> trying so restrict it to non-commercial use though.

He's an odd fellow.  Some things he does seem to be in opposition to
other things he does (and says, and complains about).

Of course, inside of his rants are some truths, that certain people
don't like to talk about.  He has a bad way of presenting things, but
for example, he was right about the Linux drivers not being complete
enough to give complete CD/DVD communications through the filesystem
interface.

> On the up side, cdrecord plain has had DVD drivers added to it as of May.

Interesting.

I've just gotten used to growisofs for all of that, but don't like it or
dvdrecord very much.

New thing to test...

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I want this Perl software checked for
viruses.  Use Norton Antivirus." -- Charlie Kirkpatrick]