[geeks] Wireless Routers

Sridhar Ayengar ploopster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 12:54:07 CDT 2006

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Bill Bradford wrote:
>
>> Kid gets hit by lightning while wearing iPod:
>>
>> http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_4016385
>
>    "Castle Rock - Jason Bunch was listening to Metallica on his iPod
>    while mowing the lawn outside his Castle Rock home Sunday afternoon
>    when lightning hit him."
>
> I wonder if it was a riding lawnmower....

That would be a problem.  I think even a push mower would get you closer
to earth.

The headphones probably did conduct the lightning into his ears, though.
  However, I don't know how much difference that would have made.  One
of my friends was once struck by lightning (while doing something
*really* stupid with a golf club) and it burst both his eardrums even
though he didn't even get struck in the head.

Peace...  Sridhar