[geeks] Of course it sucks, Dyson vaccuum cleaner help, please.

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Jan 30 12:43:26 CST 2006

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> We are looking at buying a new vaccuum cleaner. Over the years we have had
> a collection of small handheld units, that don't do well, used
> hoovers that didn't quite work (but were free) etc.
>
> We would like to get a vaccuum cleaner that works well. It has to include
> a built in hose. Our floors are stone tile with a few small rugs.
> We have the usual assorment of dust, spider webs, etc to clean.
>
> I would like to buy a really good vaccuum that will work for a long time.
>
> I've always heard good things about Dyson's products.
>
> Anyone have any thoughts?
>
> Geoff.

I think highly of our Rainbow - it's been around for over a decade,
still going strong.  Water based filtration deal, picks up an amazing
amount of crud from the carpet.

We have had to replace the water pan (does not work so good after kids
have used it for a stool) and the electrical cord (we had a puppy that
liked to chew).

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Remember.
But move forward, too. Light a candle, yes. But also drive a rivet.
~Lileks